Sunday, March 09, 2008

Pussy Willows and a Tantrum

There are a couple of big pussy willow trees behind our complex. I wanted to get some pictures before they blew, but when Kate and I went outside with the camera, most of them looked like this:



There were some branches that still had the soft fuzzy catkins.



Kate was having a good time with a teasel and a stick, and even wanted to sit down in the grass and take pictures. Her nose was running and I only had a teeny piece of tissue in my coat pocket, which quickly came to the end of its usefulness, so I suggested to Kate that we go back inside briefly to get some more tissue.

Well, you would have thought I'd just told her we were going to wash her hair, feed her brussel sprouts, and beat her repeatedly. She ran away from me screaming, "No! No! I want to stay outside! Aaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhh!" Kate has a very piercing scream that we get to hear frequently. I ran after her and scooped her up, and carried her back to our apartment, where we got Doug to bring us some tissue at the back door.

Challenge #4 of the Amazing Digi-Scrapping Race was to do a layout with "spill it" journaling, and I decided this incident would be the perfect topic, especially since I had a cute picture of Kate taken just before she went nuts. (Challenge #3 ended up being optional, and I didn't do it, since it was an all-about-me layout and I already have one of those.)



(credits here.) This was my first attempt at the "tucking stuff in around the edges" technique that's so popular in digi-scrapping. I don't know if I've quite got the hang of it.

I've been working on a set of paper bag frames that have been a lot of fun (and considerably less time-consuming than a lot of the stuff I do). They should be done some time this week, hopefully.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahhaa, the title is so perfect and so true! Hugs.

I love pussy willows, in the Russian tradition of our church, pussy willows were used instead of palms (there aren't palm trees in Russia) and so our parish uses both on Palm Sunday. Gorgeous photos!

Angeltown said...

Hi Helena! I have to tell you I absolutely love to read your blog. One of my very faves. I know I've posted before but you really have a lovely perspective on things. :) Also love the paper bag frame! Yay! You did a great job with the "tucking!"

Fooferoo said...

I have two ear shattering screamers in my house. Aren't the glares from the neighbors fun?

I love your scrapbook page, I need to get into scrapbooking again.

Carin said...

Your layout is beautiful! I feel for you sweetie, Wade makes people think we beat him or aare kidnapping him regularly.

Amy Sorensen said...

Oh my. I had that same problem/issue/whatever with Kaleb just yesterday. They've not yet learned, apparently, that "outside" won't just all of a sudden vanish into oblivion. Your layout is lovely!

momof3feistykids said...

What a spectacular scrapbook page. (Digital?) I love the fact that you're scrappin' about real life, not just the angelic moments. :-) Kate looks about the same age as my youngest.