Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another Year Older

Yep, yesterday was my birthday. I've had a lot going on lately, putting stuff together for the March mega kit, and I've also started making a book for somebody (it's a surprise), which is going to take a while. And then there's the digi scrapping race. And having a sale for my birthday, and making the ad. And a few visiting teaching appointments squeezed in there (yeah, it's the end of the month). So if I haven't been posting much the past couple of weeks, that's why.

I wanted to get a picture with Kate, but she was in a bad mood most of the day. I finally got her to go outside and paint letters on the porch with me, and Doug snapped a couple shots. This was the best we could do.



We went out for Korean food for dinner. We stopped by the grocery store to get some kim (laver seaweed) first, and then went to the restaurant. This was the kind of pre-cut kim that's in little individual packages with maybe ten sheets in each one, and Kate snarfed down two of the packages before we even got our food. She's had kim before but I'd never seen her eat it in volume like that. Maybe she was just hungry.

My mom sent me Stardust on DVD for my birthday (thanks, Mom!) and everybody called and sang, of course. (Betsey really outdid herself this time. It was a truly astonishing performance.) Doug ordered something for me but it hasn't come yet. I know what it is, though, so it's not a surprise. Okay, it's a Wacom 6D art pen for my tablet.

And--surprise!--I got a summons for jury duty. I checked the box that said "I am a parent without child care" and sent it back. I did go in for jury duty back when I was pregnant with Kate, which was an interesting experience. I only had to report three or four times, and didn't get picked for the jury. I got a lot of reading and crocheting done.

It's getting warmer! Hooray! And the pussy willow tree behind our complex is budding. I must get pictures.

7 comments:

Laura Call said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELENA!!! I think that's a precious picture of you and Kate.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you look gorgeous and Kate is as adorable as always.

Ms Parker said...

Happy Birthday! And love that you ate something Korean to celebrate...

Kathey said...

I agree that Betsey's performance when we sang "Happy Birthday" over the phone was astonishing. That's a good word for it. She just keeps getting more and more creative. We get a taste of her creativity in Family Home Evening too. Sometimes during the opening song she deliberately sings in a different key, or a different rhythm than everyone else. Frankly I don't see how she does it. She really cracks us up.

Love, Mom

scrapper al said...

Happy Birthday! Too bad you weren't able to tape Betsey's performance to share with the world.

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to you, and many happy returns of the day.

Freer Family said...

HaPpY (belated) BiRtHdAy Helena!