Tuesday, April 19, 2016
I was asked to come up with something to do with the Activity Days girls at church. I thought it would be fun to make some wrapping paper, so I put together some stamps--square, so they could be stamped in a grid pattern. I didn't get any pictures of the stamp-making process, but here's the aftermath.
We found out right before this that our stake was being split and the ward boundaries changing, so this was the last activity with this group of girls all together. Everyone showed up, and we had more girls than stamps, but we made it work.
I didn't have time to make any samples ahead of time, to show them the grid effect, so they were pretty much all over the place. I don't know if they would have had the patience to do it that way, anyway. Here are a couple that I did later:
We ended up with a few sheets of paper randomly and colorfully stamped all over, and we just cut them into pieces and let everyone take one home. It was a little crazy and messy (we went through a bit more paint than necessary), but I think they enjoyed it. And I added a few more stamps to my collection!