Saturday, February 27, 2016

Been better....

I turned forty-five today.  It's hasn't been the best birthday--not that I'm (on principle) opposed to turning forty-five, but I've been sick all week, and it hit Kate pretty hard Thursday night, too.   We've been doing a lot of resting and recuperating.  (Kate was quite impressed that I was willing to spoon-feed her ice chips.  She seems to be on the upswing now.)

I was planning to go out for some kimchi jjigae, but that'll have to wait. My family called and sang to me, most fabulously, and when I was outside early this morning I heard an owl, so that was cool.



I got myself some paint for my birthday. I'm looking forward to playing with these, once I'm feeling a little better. (Soon!) And Doug got me a solid-state hard drive, which should help my computer run better.

My sister Barb is expecting her fourth child, who apparently decided not to share my birthday, but should be along any day now! We are excited!

I've been spending the past couple of days checking out Airbnb sites in Korea, and looking at maps and imagining itineraries.  We have a plan.  September 2017, with both kids.  It'll be a crazy adventure.  

1 comment:

Debbie From Illinois said...

Happy Birthday!!!