Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Painting Party



We had  friends over for a painting party!  When Sara and kids dropped us off last week, they came in for a bit and Melody saw my painting stuff.  So we made some plans. 



I (being uncharacteristically on top of things) made some challa, and since the girls were painting at the kitchen table we got out one of our little Korean tables and sat on the floor in the living room and had challa with butter and cheese.



It was time for the baby to go home for a nap, but Melody wanted to stay, so I said we would bring her home later. We brought some toys out to the living room--our wooden train tracks, and the Schleich animals, and our wooden castle. None of these things have been played with for a very long time, so it was good to see them getting some use again. Kate and Melody seem to have a similar make-believe-play style.



Once there was more room at the table, I got out a painting that I've been working on, to make a few minor tweaks. (It might be done now-- not sure yet.) Melody kind of popped back and forth between painting with me and playing with Kate.



A good time was had by all!

No comments: