Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chasing Sunset



I have a couple of friends who are always posting pictures of gorgeous sunsets. We can't see see the sunset from our new house, because of the trees, but we're about five minutes away from the great view at Chambers Bay. It was a beautiful day with spotty clouds, and I figured sunset conditions were pretty good. We had an early dinner and then I took the kids down to the playground.



Got there just in time for a beautiful sky!



The kids were more interested in playing, but Kate agreed the view was impressive.



I love watching the changing light--the fiery gold fading to a warm rosy glow. 



The kids enjoyed having a little evening out. It's getting chilly this time of year, but the sun sets early so it doesn't interfere with bedtime. We'll have to do this again! 

1 comment:

Helen in Australia said...

I do like sunsets, and that was a lovely one.