Monday, July 13, 2009

The Days are Just Packed

More from Ohio!



When I was about 14 I went through a phase of making stuffed animals and trying to sell them (at craft fairs and a consignment store). The remaining relics of this venture have been bagged and stashed on a shelf in the garage. I dug them out for the kids to play with while we were there.



Andy finds himself surrounded.




Kate gallops across the lawn with a unicorn.




My parents got this little inflatable baby pool that we set up in the front yard. Kate and Elizabeth enjoyed splashing around in it.



Tricky lighting! I got some more pictures of Elizabeth later when it was more overcast.





They also got a sandbox for the back yard, along with some great sand that packed wonderfully. It was like playing in brown sugar. (Elizabeth apparently thought so too, and tried eating it.)





Kyle spent a lot of time landscaping around the deck and the swing house.



Hazel on the swing with her dad and grandma.



Kate and Andy with Aunt Barbie, on the other side of the swing.



Andy! Barb kept exclaiming about how light he was, compared to Hazel.



Elizabeth encounters Mollie the cat.



Grandma with Andy on the deck.



And with Elizabeth.



I wonder what family get-togethers will entail when the kids are older. Obstacle courses in the back yard? Box forts? Slip 'N Slides? So many fun possibilities.

6 comments:

Peter Ahlstrom said...

I love the pictures, Helena! Lizbeth looks great!

(Capcha says "flatur.")

Peter

Heather T. said...

If I were Andy, I'd be freaking out about the sudden jungle beasts too! *giggles*

Cynthia said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Andy is getting so big- and he looks so much like Kate did.

Is Elizabeth your sister's daughter? She's adorable.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you made those animals when you were 14! They look professional. Wait, you're Helena, of course I can believe it. ;) Great pictures too.

MamaBug said...

Awesome stuffed animals! Beautiful pictures. It looks like you had a really wonderful time. :)

Kathey said...

I loved the pictures. Great job of taking them, and posting.

Love, Mom