Monday, July 23, 2007

Point and Click

Kate has learned to use the computer mouse! Our baby is growing up so fast. *sniff*



We had a week without Doug, while he was away at scout camp (not this last week but the week before). That was an interesting experience. It was also about the hottest week ever. Boy, we're glad that's over. (On both counts--Kate and I were kind of getting on each other's nerves.) When Doug left Monday morning, Kate was just barely starting to figure out how to use the mouse, and by the time he got home on Saturday she was clicking away like a pro. There's a lot of fun stuff on noggin.com and on starfall that she enjoys playing with.

There are several "Scribblevision" games on Noggin where you color in pictures and then it animates your coloring within a larger scene. That's some pretty cool programing. It's also fun because you don't have to stay in the lines, but can make the picture look like something else. (One page has a bird flying by, flapping its wings--Doug turned it into a flying boy who flaps his arms.) There's also the Upside Down Show's Schmancy Schmashup Game where you create your own drawing and it inserts it into a video. We've had some fun with that one.

1 comment:

Eva Karrin McKinnon said...

Oh, she's so adorable! I love her!

It must be so much fun to sit down on the floor and play with her. I'm an only child too and my Mom played very, very well! Leggo, dolls, building blocks, crafts.

Im impressed; she's technologically savvy, before the age of 3.

I bet this coming Christmas will be a ball with her around. My parents always left cotton on the kitchen table, beside Santa's note. It was his beard.

PS- I did my "tagged list" pretty rashly. Can I ask you and remove someone on my list? I bet you have some interesting stories.