Monday, January 16, 2006

Blog tag

I just realized that I ended two posts in a row with "Whew!" That pretty much sums up the way things have been around here. We've been recovering, getting into a new schedule for Doug's classes, and I've been trying to get through all these photos. Still working on that. I should have some up very soon.

In the meantime, I've been tagged by Becky and Amy with this 4x4 question thing. So here goes:

4 JOBS I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE

My very first job was at Taco Bell, for a few months one summer. I still carry a few unpleasant memories from that.

I did data entry for AT&T one summer. I think this was the only actual nine to five, Monday to Friday job that I've ever had.

I was a cashier at a Dominion grocery store in St. John's, Newfoundland for a year and a half. It wasn't much fun at times, but it put me in a position to do some drawing and painting jobs that I probably never would have done otherwise.

And my best job ever--working on the pruning crew at BYU. We got to be outside, got to work parts of campus that some people never even see, got to help put up Christmas lights, and got to get up at O-dark-stupid to shovel snow. Wheee! (Actually I only had to do that a couple of times, so it was still fun. Heh.)

4 MOVIES I'D WATCH OVER AND OVER

Much Ado About Nothing
The Princess Bride
Sense and Sensibility
Monsters, Inc.

4 PLACES I HAVE LIVED

Fairborn, Ohio
Provo, Utah
Chonan, South Korea
St. John's, Newfoundland

4 TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH

Firefly (I got Doug the DVD set for his birthday. We find them very re-watchable.)
Stargate SG-1 (We don't have cable so we go over to Scott's house to watch this.)
Highlander, the series (not on anymore, but I loved it.)
Farscape (ditto)

4 PLACES I'VE BEEN ON VACATION

Mammoth Cave
Wisconson Dells
Bonavista, Newfoundland
Sunchon, South Korea

4 WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY

Two Peas in a Bucket
The message boards at The Straight Dope (not quite every day)
My netscape email
google

4 OF MY FAVORITE FOODS

A really good orange
cheese
focaccia
My very favorite meal is a good kimchi jjigae bek pan. It is to swoon over.

4 PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW

Bruno's Italian restaurant in St. John's, Newfoundland (it's not Bruno's anymore, but the restaurant is still there).
Powell's Books in Portland
at a park feeding the ducks and squirrels
in bed reading

4 BLOGGERS I AM TAGGING

April
Carin
Mary
Teresa

6 comments:

April said...

My mom works at a deli in a Dominion store. :)

I hope you guys get settled into the new schedule & that you come safely out from under the pile of photo files. (Believe me, I understand that one.) I'm watching for the photo post - I know they'll be amazing. :D

Kristi said...

Helena- I worked grounds crew at BYU as well. And I have to say it was a fun job. I met a good friend of mine on that job. We picked up apples and trash in the Wyview Trailer park and ran to the gas station for hot chocolate on our break.

Anonymous said...

Is kimchi jjigae bek pan the dish that I like? Or is it some other kimchi jjigae? All I remember is that it is kimchi and tuna and really yummy.

Rats. Now I wish I had some kimchi or kimpop(sp?). That is one of my fond memories of your wedding reception, good food!!!

Anonymous said...

See that this is circling the blog world quite well : ) It's fun to read the responses!

Sounds like you've done a lot of cool travelling!

Ditto on the Powell's books thing... that place is like a mecca!

-Katie

Mimi said...

No kidding, I love Powells. Foccacia bread is quite lovely too - I don't cook much, but can make a pretty good focaccia.

Great to get to know you better.

Anonymous said...

http://hitmyblog.blogspot.com/
im a fellow st johns person