Saturday, December 13, 2008

Festival of the Nativity



Last weekend we took Kate over to the church to see the Festival of the Nativity, a display of hundreds of nativity sets from all over the world. It was just beautiful!



When we told Kate we were going to the church to look at Christmas decorations, she had a bit of holiday confusion and wanted to wear her dragon costume. We just kind of shrugged and said, "Why not?" so she went as a dragon.






Duckies!



Crocheted set from the Philippines.



We liked the lines on this one.

They apparently had live music, too, though there wasn't any going on when we were there. Bad timing on our part, I guess--we went right at the beginning and they were still working out some bugs.

A few weeks ago they also put on a musical production of "A Christmas Carol." We took Kate to a Saturday matinée. She was very good and sat through the whole thing and clapped after the musical numbers. We told her there were ghosts in it, or she might not have been as interested. Ha.

Our ward Christmas party is coming up this next week. I volunteered the use of my musical pipes, and then went to pull them out yesterday and couldn't find the durn things. I knew right where they were last year. After spending yesterday and today going through stuff, I did finally locate them. (And we got a few things sorted and organized in the process, which was good. We needed to do that anyway.) Whew! Hopefully we can get enough people together and have a practice ahead of time.

6 comments:

Laura Call said...

We went to the Festival of the Nativity as well... it was amazing!

Kathey said...

The Festival of the Nativity looks fabulous. What a wonderful idea.

And kudos to you for allowing Kate to go as a dragon. I must admit that I laughed, and Laughed and LAUGHED at the picture of the little dragon looking at the nativity sets. How many parents would get into a royal battle with their kids about wanting to do something like that?

Years ago Laurelle told me that if one of their kids asked to do something and there wasn't a reason not to, they would usually get to do it. That became our philosophy too. It also had the side effect of causing our kids to think more about what they wanted to do because they knew I would ask them "Is there any reason not to?"

Anyway, I loved the nativity sets, and loved the dragon.

Love, Mom

Freer Family said...

Hooray for dragon Kate! I'm always taking a dressed up kiddo somewhere too, lol. I think she looks so precious!

Gorgeous nativity sets. I just love this time of year. And how cute and clever is the rubber duck set. Love it!

Mimi said...

I love the dinosaur costume, too cute!

Beautiful nativities (well, I'm not sure rubber duckies get the word "beautiful" attached to them) Thank you for sharing them.

Wendy said...

That picture of Kate in her costume was adorable!

Kristi said...

What gorgeous nativities! I wish our ward/stake would do something like this.

And I love that Kate went in her dragon costume and commend you for letting her!